St Andrew’s Anglican Choir (pictured) and St Carthage’s Cathedral Choir from Lismore, join forces each year to present a service of nine lessons and carols, annually alternating services between the Catholic Cathedral and St Andrew’s in Lismore, as well as taking it to areas such as Ballina and Mullumbimby.
The service always commences with the carol, Once in Royal David’s City, and then covers a range of traditional carols as well as some more contemporary works.
It involves some congregational involvement in the singing.
The music is selected and the choirs prepared by music director and organist Warren Whitney.
In 2008 Nine Lessons and Carols will be presented by the combined choirs:
- Friday 19 December, 7.30pm St Mary’s Anglican Church, Norton St, Ballina
- Sunday 21 December, 7.30pm St Andrew’s Anglican Church, Zadoc St, Lismore
- Tuesday 23 December, 7.30pm St Martin’s Anglican Church, Mullumbimby.
Other Christmas services will be performed by St Andrew’s Choir:
- Sunday 7 December, 2.00pm Ballina Uniting Church, a concert of music for Christmas with Alstonville Chorale.
- Sunday 7 December, 8.00pm carols Bexhill Church of the Good Shepherd
- Wednesday 24 December 8.00pm carol service, Bexhill Church of the Good Shepherd
- Thursday 25 December 7.30am Christmas service, St Andrew’s Anglican Church Lismore.