Local councils get roads funding
May 16, 2008
Five local councils will share in an estimated total of $6,399,769 in Roads to Recovery funding in the 2008-2009 financial year, according to Federal Member for Page Janelle Saffin.
Ms Saffin said they included:
- Clarence Valley Council $1,572,451
- Lismore City Council $1,386,055
- Ballina Shire Council $1,296,928
- Kyogle Shire Council $1,084,717
- Richmond Valley Council $1,059,618.
“I am pleased that the Rudd Government is continuing to meet is land transport infrastructure commitments, particularly for local road maintenance projects,” Ms Saffin said.
Roads to Recovery is administered under the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government.