Nationals Member for Lismore Thomas George has called on the Rees Government to stimulate infrastructure and services for Far North Coast communities in Tuesday’s Budget.
“Since the last Budget I have been bringing important projects to the Government’s attention. Tuesday’s Budget is Rees’ chance to deliver,” he said.
Mr George will particularly look for the Rees Government’s support for the following projects:
- Stage 3 of the Lismore Base Hospital redevelopment
- Funding to maintain and improve services at Murwillumbah Hospital
- 24-hour Police Station in Murwillumbah
- Funding for the Woodenbong to Legume Road
- Urgent funding increases for community pre-schools
- Increases in funding for dental care services
- Reinstatement of the Casino Murwillumbah Rail Services
- Funding of IPTAAS for the abolition of the administration charge
- Increase electricity rebate for seniors and pensioners to $50 per quarter.
“The Lismore Electorate will certainly be looking for support for these projects and once again I call on the Rees Government to provide much-needed infrastructure and capital assistance,” Mr George said.