Member for Page Janelle Saffin MP has congratulated nine local high schools which will receive funding for new facilities in the first stage of the Science and Language Centres for 21st Century Secondary Schools (SLC) program.
Ms Saffin said this latest infrastructure round of the Rudd Government’s $14.7 billion Building the Education Revolution (BER) would deliver much-needed funding to local secondary schools that have demonstrated their school’s disadvantage or need through a competitive process.
“It’s wonderful to see schools such as Woodenbong Central School and Bonalbo Central School getting more than $1.9 million each for new science centres – a great boost for these students, teachers, staff, parents and indeed local communities,” she said.
“Schools in our small communities like Bonalbo and Woodenbong are play a central role in community life, including the economic benefits.”
The local schools to be funded are:
- Bonalbo Central School $1,969,108 Science Centre
- Casino High School $1,637,382 Science Centre
- Evans River Community School $766,157 Science Centre
- Kyogle High School $1,014,434 Science Centre
- McAuley Catholic College $1,970,000 Sports Science Centre and Language Centre
- South Grafton High $1,637,382 Science Centre
- St Mary’s Catholic High $1,970,000 Environmental, Agricultural and Rural Hub
- Trinity Catholic College $1,877,855 Language Technology Centre
- Woodenbong Central $1,969,108 Science Centre.