Seventeen not-for-profit organisations in the Clarence electorate have won grants totalling $417,000 from the NSW Government’s Community Building Partnerships program, Clarence MP Steve Cansdell has announced.
“The program was launched in the June State Budget to encourage economic activity,” Mr Cansdell said.
“I congratulate the successful applicants who will now be able to enhance their facilities to the benefit of local communities.
“While the Government pledged $400,000 to electorates with higher levels of unemployment like Clarence, I am pleased that an extra $17,000 was allocated towards projects in the Clarence electorate.
“I believe that was because of the strength of the applications received.
“Commiserations to the 18 groups which missed out on funding. There was nothing wrong with their applications but there simply wasn’t enough money on the table to satisfy everyone.”
- Casino Netball – The clubhouse extension & renovation $50,000
- Clarence Valley – Council McKittrick oval makeover, South Grafton $15,000
- Dirawong Reserve Trust – The Dirawong Chinaman`s beach boardwalk access ramp, Evans Head $15,000
- Dougherty Villa Aged Care Hostel – The walkways and sensory gardens with sun shelters, Grafton $19,768
- Ellangowan Public Hall Trust – The relining of the hall with plasterboard, Ellangowan $12,048
- Grafton City Tennis Club – The provision of ancillary support facilities for tennis tournaments, Grafton $19,250
- Grafton Pony Club – The kitchen update for grafton pony club, South Grafton $28,900
- Grafton Sk8ters Incorporated – The Grafton Park extension $30,000
- Greenridge Memorial Hall & Social Activities Club Inc – The building of new toilets to incorporate the disabled, Greenridge $30,000
- Hawthorne Park Equestrian Users Group – The Hawthorne Park maintenance work program, at Gwydir Hwy $15,000
- Maclean Dirt Bike Club – A new disabled toilet/parents room and upgrade to existing toilet block, Townsend $28,000
- Richmond Valley Council – The Evans Head Surf Club upgrade, Evans Head $50,000
- Windara Communities Limited – The Windara Nursery expansion, Casino $17,810