Retravision Northern League fans have been invited to comment on the Retravision Centenary Team, and at the same time match their wits against those of the selectors.
Northern Rivers Regional Rugby League officials have compiled a list of 35 players which will be whittled down to 17.
Local fans can submit their final selection of the 17 players and if their team is the closest to that chosen by the selectors, they will have the chance to win a $200 voucher from Retravision.
The 35-man squad has been chosen from players who have represented Northern Rivers Division since its inception in 1981.
The final 17-man team will be announced on September 5.
Former NRL or Sydney premiership players in the squad include Graeme O’Grady, Milton Thaiday, Bernie MacDonald, David Krause, Tony Durheim, Danny Lee, Mick Koellner and David Grant.
The 35-man squad is:
- Fullbacks: Greg Ashton (Tweed Heads Seagulls), Milton Thaiday (Lismore Workers, Ballina), Shannon Murphy (Murwillumbah).
- Wingers: James Palmer (Cudgen), Niko Vakarawara (Marist Brothers), Lance Randall (South Grafton), Lindsay Bowne (Grafton).
- Centres: Col Bentley (Cudgen), Bernie MacDonald (Marist Brothers), Terry Cook (Beaudesert), David Krause (Marist Brothers).
- Five-Eighths: Graham Russell (Casino), Graham Lees (Ballina, Mullumbimby, Byron Bay), Chris Storrier (Ballina).
- Halfbacks: Brad Garrett (South Tweed Heads), Richard Rice (Southport), Troy Pezet (Runaway Bay).
- Locks: Graeme O’Grady (Cudgen), Greg Davis (Runaway Bay), Shane Miles (Ballina).
- Second-Rowers: Trent McKeogh (South Tweed Heads), Craig Briscoe (Tugun), Tony Muller (South Grafton), Tony Durheim (Marist Brothers), Scott Freestone (Mullumbimby), Martin Griese (Lismore Workers), Nick Ciana (Mullumbimby, Cudgen).
- Front-Rowers: Danny Lee (Marist Brothers), David Grant (Kyogle), Mark McIntyre (South Grafton), Craig Wallace (Runaway Bay), Mick Koellner (Ballina).
- Hookers: Jamie O’Connor (Burleigh Heads), Jay Clarke (Casino), Eddie Fallins (Tweed Heads Seagulls).
To have your say on the final team — closing date is August 31 — mark your entry ‘Retravision Centenary Team’ and mail it to:
- PO Box 247 Casino 2470
- PO Box 340 Grafton 2460
- PO Box 15 Kyogle 2474.