Following an independent selection panel process, Northern Rivers Tourism has announced its five newly appointed board members for 2009.
- Cameron Arnold – General Manager of Operations from Domain Resorts at Kingscliff-Casuarina. Cameron brings significant regional tourism experience and senior management expertise to NRT.
- Jeremy Challacombe – is president of the Grafton Chamber of Commerce and has experience in tourism in other Australian States and in the South Pacific. Jeremy also brings expertise in farm and nature tourism to the Board.
- Brandon Saul – Founder and Director of MI5, Brandon brings major events management and strategic planning skills to the Board and provides excellent linkages to the creative industries, an important element of this region’s destination appeal.
- Mark Johnston (returning) – As Regional Area Manager of NSW National Parks, Mark provides invaluable natural asset management experience and corporate governance expertise, as well as providing the important connection to National Parks, a major partner of NRT.
- Suzie Coulston (returning) – Economic Development Officer with Kyogle Council who has both local government knowledge and a strong understanding of regional tourism issues.
NRT Chair Gerd Beurich said the degree of interest in honorary board positions with NRT was outstanding.
“The Selection Panel’s independent feedback indicated that there was a high quality of applicants, so the new and returning appointees can be notably proud of their selection from such a strong field,” he said.
“As outgoing Chair it has been my privilege to have steered the organisation’s recent restructure and worked with both the Board and our CEO Russell Mills to get to where we are today. The new board appointments give me great confidence in the organisation’s future success.”
commenting on the announcement, CEO of Northern Rivers Tourism Russell Mills said: “Having the support of a skilled and experienced board is crucial to NRT’s success.
“I’m delighted with the appointments and believe the mix of skills they bring will provide a very effective platform for policy formulation and strategic direction to achieve our business, development and marketing objectives. 2009 is looking very positive indeed for Northern Rivers Tourism.”
Existing Board members are: Gerd Beurich, (outgoing Chair); Colin Woodbry, Treasurer; Cr Jan Barham; Kristina Drapes; Lyn Parche; and John Jenkins (on temporary leave of absence).
The newly appointed board members will join the existing board members at their first meeting following NRT’s annual general meeting on 12 December.
The new board and industry will have the opportunity to farewell outgoing chair Gerd Beurich at an industry Christmas function afterwards.