Dust off the dancing shoes and slip into on your most colourful party frock as The Byron at Byron Resort comes alive on New Year’s Eve for a South American Fiesta, featuring the distinctive sounds of Marilane and the Sound Waves (picture).
Originally from Brazil, Marilane brings a fresh and soulful interpretation of Brazilian sound and rhythm to the stage.
Having played alongside legends such as the Don Burrows Quartet and at iconic venues such as the Harbourside Brasserie and The Basement in Sydney, Marilane and her four-piece band are sure to get the party started this New Years Eve.
“I’m looking forward to bringing Brazil to the Byron at Byron Resort,” said Marilane.
“New Year’s Eve is a special night to begin a new phase of your life, as well as a time to let your hair down and have fun.”
Relax with a Byron at Byron cocktail on the verandah before enjoying the six-course degustation feast including delicacies such as Hervey Bay half shell scallops, creamed spinach, pancetta and vine tomato vinaigrette and eye fillet of beef, eschallot tartin, leeks, asparagus and beetroot jam.
Festivities kick off at 8pm with cocktails on the verandah.
Welcome 2009 in with a bang and a groove. $165 per person (15 years and older), $85 per person (10-14 years). Bookings essential – phone The Restaurant on 02 6639 2111.
New Year’s Eve degustation menu:
- Chilled watercress soup with crème fraiche and Atlantic salmon roe
- Hervey bay half shell scallops, creamed spinach, pancetta and vine tomato vinaigrette
- Smoked duck breast, cauliflower, puree blackcurrant jus and micro herb salad
- Eye fillet of beef, eschallot tartin, leeks, asparagus and beetroot jam
- Champagne jelly, poached stone fruits and young coconut crème anglaise
- Cloth bound aged cheddar with cumquat marmalade and lavosh
- Gincarlo coffee plunger, T2 teas and home-made petit fours.