Seven community-based organisations on the Far North Coast are set to benefit this year from more than $97,000 in funding from the Australian Government.
Richmond MP Justine Elliot said the community organisations had received funding through the 2009-10 Caring for our Country Community Action Grants program.
She said the funding would enable the groups to undertake important local environmental activities, such as planting and revegetation, weed control, field days and community workshops and education.
Applications for the 2010-11 Community Action Grants are expected to open mid year.
Further information about Caring for our Country and the Community Action Grants program, including a complete list of funded projects, is available at www.nrm.gov.au or by calling 1800 552 008.
Community Action Grant Recipients:
· Rainforest Rescue – $18,909
· Brunswick Valley Landcare Incorporated – $20,000
· Madhima Gulgan Community Association Incorporated – $18,181
· Friends of Wollumbin – $14,531
· Jiggi Catchment Landcare Group Incorporated – $10,230
· Angels Beach Dunecare & Reafforestation Group – $6,850
· Farrants Hilltop Bushcare Group – $8,350