Federal Infrastructure and Transport Minister Anthony Albanese and Richmond MP Justine Elliot have announced the Rudd Labor Government will provide $322,310 to fix seven dangerous blackspots.
The approved projects in the Federal electorate of Richmond are:
· Broken Head Road from Near Midgen Flat Road to the Council Boundary at Broken Head: $105,000 to install guideposts with reflectors, improve delineation and remove roadside hazards;
· Tyalgum Road from North Wollumbin Road to Old Lismore Road at Tyalgum: $80,000 to install curve alignment markers and edge lines;
· Intersection of Tintenbar Road and Friday Hut Road at Tintenbar: $52,310 to improve pavement friction, install signs and lay thermoplastic strips;
· Intersections of Bangalow Road and Coopers Shoot Road, Old Bangalow Road and Broken Head Road at Byron Bay: $35,000 to construct medians at intersections, install advanced intersection warning signage and upgrade delineation;
· Intersection of Burringbar Street and Dalley Street at Mullumbimby: $22,000 to construct two medians with line marking and signage for pedestrians;
· Intersection of Myocum Road and Tyagarah Road at Myocum: $16,000 to install advanced intersection warning signs and upgrade line marking and delineation; and
· 1.5km section of Left Bank Road from West of Tristran Parade to East of Yankee Creek Road at Mullumbimby: $12,000 to install centre line, reduce the speed limit to 80kmh and upgrade delineation.