Firstly, our deepest sympathies to the family of Peter Edmonds, 16, of Wollongbar.
Peter and his mate Brock Curtis-Mathew went for what should have been a fun surf at North Wall on Tuesday morning, but it ended in tragedy when a shark mauled Peter, inflicting fatal wounds.
Brock showed inspirational courage to rescue his mate and get him back to shore.
It’s been a week of wet weather but the weekend outlook is good.
Today the swell is about four foot, but wind-blown.
- Friday: SW/SE 15/20 knots. Sea: 1.5/2 metres. Swell: SE about 1.5 metres. Isolated thunderstorms offshore.
- Saturday: S/SW 15/20 knots early, easing to S/SE 10/15 knots during the afternoon and evening. Sea: 1.5/2 metres, abating to about 1.5 metres during the afternoon and evening. Swell: E/SE 1/2 metres.
- Outlook Sunday: SW/SE 5/15 knots.
- Outlook Monday: S/SW increasing 15/25 knots.
- Friday: SW/SE 15/20 kts
Saturday: S/SW 15/20 kts easing
Sunday: SW/SE 5/15 kts
Monday: S/SW increasing 15/25 kts
Tides at Ballina:
- Low Fri 18:03 EST (0.4m)
High Sat 01:04 EST (1.5m)
Low Sat 08:15 EST (0.3m)
High Sat 13:51 EST (0.9m)
- High Sun 02:12 1.66m Low Sun 9.21 .46m