The Far North Coast rugby union competition is set for an exciting finish when the final round is played next Saturday.
After yesterday’s round 20 games, the top three teams are within two points of each other on the ladder.
Lismore and Coolangatta Tweed lead on 56 points, two ahead of Lennox Head.
Wollongbar Alstonville are fourth on 51 points, followed by last season’s grand finalists, Grafton (39) and Ballina (36).
The draw for the final round is:
- CASINO v YAMBA, Albert Park, Casino.
- LISMORE v SOUTHERN CROSS UNIVERSITY, Lismore Rugby Park.
- COOLANGATTA TWEED v BALLINA, Goodwin Park, Coolangatta.
- WOLLONGBAR ALSTONVILLE v LENNOX HEAD, Lyle Park, Wollongbar.
- GRAFTON has the bye.
Round 20 results:
- Lismore 33 (James Wood 2, Stephen Hughes 2 tries, James Wood 2 conversions, 3 penalty goals) d Casino 31 (David Briggs, Shaun Makings, Adam Gould, Brenton Fuller, David Briggs Jnr tries, Brenton Fuller 2, David Briggs Jnr conversions).
- Grafton 22 (Sam Gerrard 2, Trent Dickson, Angus Hay tries, Trent Dickson conversion) d Southern Cross 0.
- Coolangatta Tweed 17 (Anaru Smith, Trent Odmark tries, Shane Campbell, Simon Campbell conversions, Todd Heywood penalty goal) d Yamba 14 (Cohen Rheinberger 2 tries, Kris Thomsen 2 conversions).
- Wollongbar Alstonville 17 (Gavin Short, Craig Norton, Terry Murphy tries, Ben Damen conversion) d Ballina 0.
Pointscore: Coolangatta Tweed 57, Lismore 56, Lennox Head 54, Wollongbar Alstonville 51, Grafton 39, Ballina 36, Casino 30, Southern Cross 12, Yamba 11.
Lismore 24 d Casino 7
Lennox 36 d Mullumbimby 5
Grafton 31 d Southern Cross 0
Ballina 26 d Wollongbar Alstonville 12
Grafton 26 d Southern Cross 14
Casino 27 d Lismore 13
Mullumbimby 50 d Lennox Head 0
Wollongbar Alstonville 13 d Ballina 10
Southern Cross 5 drew with Grafton 5
Village Competition (Semi-finals)
Major Semi: Bangalow 9 (Kerry Jennings 3 penalty goals) d Kyogle 6 (Adam Nicholson 2 penalty goals).
Minor Semi: Evans River 27 (Nathan Gemmell 2, Les Lewis-Hughes tries, Nathan Gemmell 3 conversions, 2 penalty goals) d Byron Bay 0.